Friday, April 29, 2011

Opposites Day Twelve: Slow

So Neil and I had WAY too much fun with this assignment. We were supposed to bump our shutter speeds clear up to a few seconds and experiment with light. I wanted to take some cool scenes of a city with car lights, but my kids were in bed and I don't really live in a picturesque city, so I had to come up with something else. I started by making designs in the air with a flashlight, and it kind of evolved from there.... All photos are ISO 200, f/11, 10 sec




To get colors, we put tissue paper over our flashlights

I like how this one lights up the bedroom a little and makes it look like we've hung neon signs

3 comments:

Wordfiend said...

haha. That last one is kind of fun!

Recksieks said...

Looks like so much fun!

Erin Gibbons said...

Those are incredible pictures! I don't understand how it captured what you wrote with the flashlights, but that last one does totally look like neon signs! It's not everyone that gets neon signs of their own names ;)