Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Opposites Day Four: Out

Since this is an opposites class, today's theme is "Out." We were supposed to practice taking pictures in the middle of the day (when the sun is usually shining) but take pictures in the shade so that they would turn out looking good. Unfortunately, today has been overcast all day, but I was still able to take some cute outside pictures. Daphne and Zachary both LOVE to be outside, so it's not difficult to get outside pictures. Again, I couldn't choose just one, so here are a few of my favorites.

Here's Daphne helping my mom dig weeds

I chose these pictures because they do a good job of showing what f-stops do. This one is f/4.5, with a shutter speed of 1/640, ISO 200.

This one is f/29. Everything in this picture is in focus, where in the top one only the flowers are in focus. ISO 200, f/29, 1/40

As we were playing in the backyard, Daphne found a mud puddle and fell in it. It was so funny I had to run for my camera.... ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/640

There will probably be a "dirty" theme at some point, but I love the detail and perspective in this shot. ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/400




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job. I like that you posted several pics. I should post more also. I love this class!