This Christmas has been really fun because Zachary finally understands what is going on. He has loved helping me put up decorations, and he has been REALLY excited about Santa Claus. After I told him that Santa brings presents and puts chocolates in our stockings, he reminded me every five minutes about what was going to happen on Christmas. About three days before Christmas, Zachary was looking at a Wal-Mart ad and he saw a picture of a little kid's motorcycle. He asked me if we could get it, and of course I said no. Then he said that in a few days we would go to the store and buy it, and I didn't agree with that either. Then all of a sudden his eyes lit up, and he said "Santa is coming in three days, and he will bring me chocolates and a MOTORCYCLE!!!!! I knew the kid was smart, but I had no idea that he would be able to connect looking at an ad to "Santa will bring me this". Luckily, Santa was bringing him a motorcycle, so I didn't have a crisis on my hands on Christmas morning. Anyway, I told him that he would have to ask Santa for a motorcycle, so two days before Christmas we went down to the mall so he could sit on Santa's lap. He was so excited to tell Santa what he wanted, and Daphne took one look at Santa and started screaming!


After that we let them play on some toys in the mall, and all was well again. And yes, she LOVED her candy cane and made a very sticky mess of it at the next store we went to...

No comments:
Post a Comment