Can I just say that I love holidays? Neil thinks I'm crazy, but I love the traditions and the business of it all. This year we celebrated the 4th two different days, and it was so much fun! We started off with a ward pancake breakfast on Saturday, then went to my Mom's for a BBQ and fireworks that evening. Then on Monday we pulled ourselves out of bed at 5:30 AM to go see the hot air balloons in Provo. Unfortunately, a storm was coming in and it was too windy for them to take off. (Yes, this is the 2nd year that I've gone and the 2nd year that they haven't been able to fly....apparently I'm cursed!!) It was still fun to see them inflate, though.
Yes, it was very early in the morning!
We went with Matthew, Cassie, and Sophie and I took this little family picture.
Daphne got scared every time that fire was shot into the balloons. She would stiffen up and hug me really tight. Cassie took this picture of her, and I LOVE it!
...complete with storm troopers
This was after we were all done, and Daphne didn't want to let go of the doggie backpack.
After that we headed up to Little Cottonwood Canyon where we went hiking with Cami and Martin and their girls. We tried to go swimming later in the day, but it started raining. :(
I sat the kids down in a row to take a picture, and of course they didn't stay that way. However, they voluntarily sat like this and are actually all smiling!!!
Sydney's next door neighbor has a four-wheeler that he let the kids ride in. Zachary was in HEAVEN!!!
I was a little frightened while he was driving (he's a little reckless) but he thought it was awesome
After another BBQ we headed home and lit off fireworks with some neighbors. The kids were exhausted by the end of the day, but it sure was fun!
2 comments:
Oh kelley, daphne is getting so big and shes so pretty! The shot of her resting on your shoulder is gorgeous, I hope you frame it!
All those pictures of your kids are SO great, you have really beautiful children. That one of you and Daphne is a treasure! I'm surprised she wasn't more afraid of the storm troopers than the fire though, they looked a bit intimidating. Maybe next year you'll get to see the balloons in flight, I miss Provo for the 4th of July!
Post a Comment