Let me just say that I really don't like winter. It's cold and gloomy and makes life really hard when you have an active toddler who loves to be outside! The other day was especially cold and we were getting cabin fever, so here are a few of the activities that I came up with to pass the time:
Time to break out the playdough!

Swing (he would swing for hours if I let him)

Play Blocks

Make some noise

"Help" Mom make a cake

...and reap the rewards!

And when all else fails, I put on Emperor's New Groove (aka the Llama) in my room and he's happy for an hour

I'm still not entirely positive that I'll make it through this winter, but I have managed to get through January, so it should be uphill from here, right? Right!
6 comments:
We have the SAME problem when there's no going outside. Thanks for the ideas!
Finger painting is great if you can stand the clean-up.
I'm with you. Winter sucks. Emperor's New Groove is my favorite movie, hands down. And I don't know what it is... but that picture of him in the swing looks just like your brother Carson. Seriously. Like when I first met Carson... some 16 years ago?!?! Has it really been that long? Man, we are OLD.
Those are all great activities! I'm very impressed! I've started setting aside little activities (coloring books, crafts, etc) into an "I'm Bored" box that I can pull out for my kids on these cold, gloomy days. I think I'll be making playdough soon!
You don't know me, but I just read on Cami's blog that you plan to use Hypnobabies. You probably don't need random encouragement, but I figured I'd tell you Hypnobabies helped me a lot with enjoying pregnancy and using no meds during birth, (though I had to use pitocin). I'm sure you will have a beautiful birth!
It may just be me but that sounds like quite a day. Good job mom.
Post a Comment