Daphne turned 6 months old last week!!! She's been such a joy to have in our family and I can't imagine life without her (although right now I am typing this post without any kids around and I'll have to say it's really nice and quiet...) She's usually an easygoing baby, and she always has a smile ready. She's been sick this last week so it was difficult getting good pictures, but I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at them :) She just learned to sit up this last week (both of my babies learned to sit the week before their 6 mo birthday). When I lay her on the ground, she immediately rolls over onto her tummy and then starts screaming. She CAN roll back over, but she WON'T. Oh, well, eventually she'll learn to crawl and then I'll be wishing that she could merely roll over! When I took her to the doctor, she was in the 30th percentile for weight (14.9 pounds), and 50th percentile for height and head size. I compared stats with Zachary's when he was that age and they're almost exactly the same. I love my small babies!!!
She's starting to grow into her eyes, but sometimes they still look huge
Z: Dad, how do you get to heaven? Dad: I don't know... Z: Well, ask your phone!
**************
M: Zachary, you are so dang cute, did you know that?
Z: No, I'm not cute
M: Oh, are you handsome then?
Z: No, I'm a Monster!!!
**************
While my dad and Karen were watching Zachary, Karen read him a book about spaceships. Zachary told her that when he was bigger, they were going to get in a spaceship to see some stars. She said she might be scared, so he said she could ride in his spaceship and he would hold her so she wasn't scared. :)
**************
Earlier today, Zachary's finger started hurting. He cried for a while, and with a sad little voice said, "We need to get a new Zachary!"
**************
Every time Daphne wakes up from her nap, Zachary runs in there and says "Hi, Sweetheart!!"
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, she's so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to meet her soon!! Oh, and the one of her in the grass by the tree is definitely my favorite.
Post a Comment