On Monday we welcomed our beautiful daughter into the world. Her name is Daphne Michelle Johnson, and she was born Monday afternoon at 4:46 pm via C-section. She was 6 lbs 14 oz, and 21 inches long (although they were stretching her pretty hard, so I'm not sure she was actually that long). I'll tell the complete story in a later post, but I wanted to at least get a few pictures up for now.
I think this is my one and only pregnancy profile shot, taken just a few days before she was born.

Neil got to wear a cool space suit for the operation

Just waiting....it's almost time!

This shot is right after they pulled her out of me

They put me on oxygen to help the baby transition into the world, and because I was feeling light-headed

I got to see her for about 30 seconds before they whisked her away to the nursery


Since she was breech, she came out with her feet behind her ears, and she still doesn't want to straighten them!


She was having a hard time breathing when she first came out, so they had to hook her up to a CPAP machine for a little while, and they also had to give her an IV. Poor little thing!

Here's our first family photo

Zachary just wanted to sit on Mommy's lap, but he settled for sitting next to me

I think he's going to be a good big brother :)
5 comments:
Oh congratulations you guys- I'm so happy for you! She's beautiful and you look amazing Kelley! Enjoy your pretty little newborn- they grow too fast. Really! :)
YEA! Glad she's here safe and sound. Enjoy :)
Congrats Kelley!!!!! I'm glad the birth went well, and that little Daphne is healthy (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name, btw!!!)--that is too cute how she's taking her time to unfold out of breach position now!
OK, and Zachary is getting so stinkin' cute! What a sweet family!! Congrats again!
Congratulations! I like that she still can't put her feet down :)
Congratulations! I am looking foward to hearing the whole story, and I'm glad you are both healthy and happy. What a beautiful baby, mom, and family!
Post a Comment