Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Swingset!!!

I am behind on blogging (and everything else in my life, it seems) because we have been working hard at building our new SWINGSET!!! We bought it from Sams Club, and then had the fun task of putting it all together. And when I say all, I mean ALL. Every board and screw had to be put together individually. Let me tell you, it was a very daunting task, but I was up to the challenge :) I learned how to use a drill, and became a building fool. This was mostly because I was tired of hearing Zachary ask when it was going to be done, but also because it gave me a huge sense of accomplishment. The kids love it now that it's done, and I think it will be a real life-saver this summer.

Day 1: the frame

Day 2: the floors
Day 3: the roof


Day 4: the table

Day 5: Everything else! (yes, I worked on it for about 10 hours that day...)




3 comments:

Cami said...

With the exception of the slide and rock wall being reversed, this is the exact same swingset that Shally has! We'll have to come play on it soon! Great job assembling by the way.

Khayyam said...

Great job on the swingset! When we got our swingset we brought in reinforcements to help. It's probably a good thing for us that we had the help, after all, I can't even keep my kids straight!

Erin Gibbons said...

I can't believe you built that swingset! I always thought I could do things like that because I saw my mom do them, and then I got married and I just make Shea do everything involving tools. Now I'm going to feel sheepish if we ever build a swingset, (if we ever have a house!) and I don't do it myself because you just up and built an amazing swingset! It looks so good and I'm sure you'll have a fabulous summer!