Thursday, May 20, 2010

Daphne's Blessing

On Sunday, May 15, we gave our daughter a name and a blessing. Her name is Daphne Michelle Johnson (Neil didn't receive inspiration to change it, thank goodness!) and her father was able to give her a wonderful blessing. We were blessed to have so much family support (I think we took up 6 rows in the chapel) and it was a great day. Thanks so much to everyone who came and helped out, it really meant a lot to us! Here's some pictures that we got of Daphne in her blessing dress, which is the dress that I wore as a baby. She was a little grumpy at first, but once we got some food in her she gave us some really cute smiles. I just love my little girl so much!!!

Here's Neil with his little girl

We tried to get a family picture, but this is all we ended up with

Gordon and Karen Kerr

Lori and Greg Nielsen

Zachary and Daphne's great Grandma and Grandpa Gordon

4 Generations

Alan and Gwenda Johnson

Bright eyes


I just love her adorable smiles!




She's still not sure about having her brother hold her....

All that picture taking is exhausting!!


3 comments:

Becca said...

Love all the pictures Kelley! She is a beautiful baby! You look great too!

Brian, Laura, Felix & Ezra said...

Congrats Kelley! Your family is just picture perfect! And have I told you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Daphne??? You have great taste :D

Shaulan said...

What a special day! Daphne is beautiful in your blessing dress. I'm so glad you could be surrounded with family! Congrats! And my, what a good looking brother I have! =)