I have to say that when I found out I was pregnant with Daphne I was excited, but a little scared. I knew it would be difficult to have two kids, especially with a two year old like Zachary. I had no idea!!! At the moment, difficult feels like an understatement. Zachary is in his terrible, terrible twos and Daphne isn't happy unless I'm holding her or she's sleeping, which she doesn't do well. I feel like I am constantly treading water, just barely keeping my head up. At times I get too tired to tread (literally and figuratively) and I start drowning. I go to bed exhausted and feeling like I wasn't able to accomplish anything during the day. It's impossible to keep both kids happy and my house in any semblance of order, and I am completely in awe of anyone who has had more than two kids!! Just when things get really bad, however, something happens to lift my nose back out of the water, such as a wonderful husband who takes both kids so I can have a few minutes of alone time, or Daphne will miraculously sleep for 5 or 6 hours. I have moments such as I am having right now, where Zachary is happily playing with trucks and Daphne is happily watching him. I need to remember and cherish these moments, and remind myself that these are precious times that in the scheme of things won't last long. And someday I may be able to stop treading water and learn to swim!
1 comment:
Hang in there! I promise it gets better! And I have NO DOUBT that you are doing your absolute best! It's really hard to be a sleep-deprived Mom to a newborn and toddler. But you can do it! Why don't you just ship that Zachary over here to Spokane for a little visit, and we'll give you a little break!
Post a Comment