Saturday, March 16, 2013

Building a Cajon Drum

Though 99% of the posts on this blog have been from Kelley, I'm making a special appearance (Neil)! Over the past several weeks, I've been working on a project that has been really fun, and I want to share it. My brother Jared told me about a special kind of drum called a 'cajon'...it's a drum you can sit on. We both decided that we needed one, and google revealed a 'build-your-own-cajon' kit made by a company called Meinl. We both got our kits a few weeks back (they cost about $60). Here's the story in pictures:

Since we put a dragon on it, and we liked the color blue, we named the drum "The Blue Dragon". Behold it here:
And here's some drumming:

1 comment:

Michelle Jones said...

Neil, it was awesome to see this drum in person. You do amazing work!! Keep doing those fun projects, your boy is watching you and getting inspired.